8.26.2011

Recent Thoughts

Me in high school
I've been feeling somewhat reflective these last couple weeks - for a few reasons. 

I graduated from high school exactly 10 years ago. I remember all the discretionary time I had when I was younger and how time never moved fast enough for me. Adults would say, "The older you get, the faster time goes." I know what they are talking about now and I could not agree more. In fact, I've made that same statement to others these last few years. My long term memory is pretty bad, but I remember feeling really tired during my high school years. I know the main reason is because I had to wake up at 5:30 or 6 AM in order to beat the 7 AM school bell - it actually beat me most days. It was like a dream come true when I started college and was able to choose what time I started and what time I ended. It's been a few years since I graduated from college and I really, really miss it - the interesting lectures (for the most part), sitting in the grass studying or thinking, getting into the zone in my art classes. One of my goals is to return and pursue another degree.

I'm leaving the country soon and heading to Spain. It's been 4.5 years since I've lived there and I'm excited to return and see the people and country again - Barcelona in particular. There is something magical about that place and I would love to live there again. 

The downstairs part of my house flooded last weekend. When I opened my garage late Saturday night and saw water coming out, my heart sunk. The only household fear I have is water damage/flooding - and it happened. I quickly turned off the water and got to work. I'm about halfway through getting my house back to normal. All the responsibilities of adulthood make me want to revert back to being a child sometimes. 

Speaking of, my sister is set to have her third child (girl) very soon. Her due date is tomorrow. We are so excited for her!

Lastly, I changed from being a sole proprietor to an LLC (Limited Liability Company) this month. Since I plan to be in business for many more years, I realized it was finally time to take the appropriate business steps. (I'll discuss this in more detail in a future post.)

Those are the things that have been on my mind lately. This summer has been very enjoyable and I'm already looking forward to the holidays - especially Christmas.