11.24.2010

[Brief] Thoughts on Thanksgiving

Apparently it snowed this morning. Snow in Vegas?! Yes. At least that's what my mom just told me.
I've come to the realization that I only eat pumpkin pie because it's traditional. I never crave it; I'd actually prefer banana cream pie or blackberry pie. But I'll eat it regardless because it always, without fail, makes an appearance after the dinner plates are swept away.
Wouldn't it be nice if the spirit of Thanksgiving lasted all year long, even during tax season? Speaking of, I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that read: Do I Own The White House? I've Made Enough Payments On It.
Who knew that the day after Thanksgiving had a name? I didn't. A few years ago I learned what Black Friday really was. Before that, I thought it was similar to Ash Wednesday. For serious shoppers, it probably is a religious holiday, though.
No matter how good they look, steer clear of Paula Deen recipes. They will get you in trouble.
And lastly, the best things in life aren't things. Cliche, but true.
Photo of my two little angels